At Arcus, our mission is to advance AI through better data. We believe that data is the ultimate representation of the world and providing ML models with the highest fidelity representations is the most important challenge to solve for AI today. We’re advancing the state of the art in AI by ensuring that every model has the data it needs.
We’re building the comprehensive data platform that helps our users turnkey improve their AI applications. Arcus automatically discovers relevant features within our users’ internal data, valuable external data, synthetic data and transparently integrates this data directly into the model to improve its performance. Users simply connect their models to our platform and are automatically matched with the most valuable data for their specific application across their training and inference workflows. Arcus then empirically measures the exact impact of this data on the model’s performance.
We’re extremely well-funded by top tier VCs and angel investors who share our mission and we’re rapidly building out our team based out of our Flatiron office in NYC.
What You'll Do
As a founding engineer at Arcus, you will be responsible for building the core features and functionality of the Arcus Data Platform. You will work closely with our founders, customers, and the rest of the team to create an innovative product that enables our users to seamlessly improve the performance of their AI applications by improving the data in their models. Our ultimate goal is to ensure a delightful and user-friendly experience for complex ML workflows.
We use technologies like React, Typescript, GraphQL, Golang, Python.
- Design and build end-to-end user experiences across the stack to allow customers to use the platform, such as connecting their models to the platform, managing and tracking the data provided by the platform, etc.
- Develop a strong understanding of our company mission, industry and customers to develop deep intuition around their requirements to design and build features that push the state of the art.
- Work closely with customers to develop deep intuition around their requirements and design and build features that align with their needs.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and new technologies.
- Define the direction and culture of Arcus with your initiative and feedback.
Who You Are
- Experience with modern frontend frameworks such as React and Typescript.
- Have a product focused mindset; bonus points for a passion for ML / AI.
- Excited to juggle multiple hats and work cross-functionally based on the needs of the business.
- Bias towards shipping rapidly and iterating with customer feedback.
- You have a demonstrated track record of excellence, across any field or domain (not necessarily related to the role).
- Exhibit a strong passion for taking ownership, continuous learning and personal growth.