At Arcus, our mission is to advance AI through better data. We believe that data is the ultimate representation of the world and providing ML models with the highest fidelity representations is the most important challenge to solve for AI today. We’re advancing the state of the art in AI by ensuring that every model has the data it needs.
We’re building the comprehensive data platform that helps our users turnkey improve their AI applications. Arcus automatically discovers relevant features within our users’ internal data, valuable external data, synthetic data and transparently integrates this data directly into the model to improve its performance. Users simply connect their models to our platform and are automatically matched with the most valuable data for their specific application across their training and inference workflows. Arcus then empirically measures the exact impact of this data on the model’s performance.
We’re extremely well-funded by top tier VCs and angel investors who share our mission and we’re rapidly building out our team based out of our Flatiron office in NYC.
What You'll Do
As a founding engineer at Arcus, you will be responsible for building the core distributed systems which power the Arcus data platform and our internal ML systems that power the platform. You will work closely with our founders, customers and the rest of the team to build core infrastructure that scales to serve billions of data points through the platform and runs our internal model training and serving stacks.
We use technologies like Golang, Python, gRPC, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Build scalable and reliable infrastructure for storing, indexing, querying, and serving the data that powers our data platform.
- Architect our distributed systems that process and transform data in highly performant, low-latency environments.
- Ensure that our systems are scalable and reliable to enrich AI models and applications with large volumes of data in real-time across billions of data points.
- Work closely with customers to support their critical workloads and drive the future direction of the platform.
- Define the future and culture of Arcus with your initiative and feedback.
Who You Are
- Have experience building distributed systems that process large volumes of data.
- Excited to juggle multiple hats and work cross-functionally based on the needs of the business.
- Bias towards shipping rapidly and iterating with customer feedback.
- You have a demonstrated track record of excellence, across any field or domain (not necessarily related to the role).
- Exhibit a strong passion for taking ownership, continuous learning and personal growth.